Join Our Professional Community.
"I contribute the vast majority of success I have had in my career to the connections I have made through ELA. This is an incredibly welcoming and collaborative environment. Regardless of career phase or constituency, all members are valued...." Joy Blanchard, Ph.D.
ELA welcomes all individuals interested in legal issues in education. Qualifying libraries may purchase the subscription option.
Do you want us to mail you more information? Complete this form.
Membership in ELA will give you acces to unbiased information on legal issues in education to make the best decisions you can for your profession. Our collaborative member community gives you access to ideas and opinions from individual members. Current members include: practicing attorneys; administrators and faculty in schools of education and law; school board members; public/private school administrators and teachers; staff members of state and federal education agencies and professional associations; libraries; and students.
"I have been affiliated with ELA through several stages of my life: as a law student, as a PhD student, and as a practitioner and there are few things that can point to that have more strongly prepared me in a well-rounded way to be a practioner of education law." Emily Richardson, J.D., Ph.D.
"ELA offers excellent balance between scholarly discourse and practitioner-oriented materials for attorneys and administrators at the public school and college university levels." Joseph C. Beckham, J.D., Ph.D.
The benefits of your annual membership in ELA are tangible, intangible, and numerous:
• 12 Issues of School Law Reporter, providing case briefs and practical legal analysis (view sample)
• 4 Issues of ELA Notes, offering in-depth analysis, opinions, membership info, and special offers (view sample)
• NEW! 3 issues of Legal Links, a joint publication with the NASPA Research & Policy Institute (view a partial sample, coming soon)
• 35% discount on our high-quality books and monographs, as well as electronic publications, with information relevant to YOU
• 30-day advance access to the Education Law Consortium's Education Law & Policy Review
• Special member registration prices for the ELA annual conference and other live seminars
• Discounted webinars, 4-6 per year, for all ELA members
• Access to the SLR Express, a searchable online case database with commentary
• ELA member listserv and the School Law Blog, written by Mark Walsh (with gratitude to EdWeek)
• Networking, presenting, and publishing opportunities
• Free access to a Teaching School Law folder, where professor members can share teaching materials (with gratitude to HostedFTP.com)
• 2 Free Samples from the ELA Podcast Catalog