ELA In the News
Read below to see what ELA members are accomplishing in the field of education law! If you are an ELA member and would like to include your recent education-law-related news on this page, please fill out our submission form.
- ELA Past-President and Senior Counsel of Bracewell & Giuliani LLP, Kelly Frels, was recognized by the School Law Section of the State Bar of Texas by naming him the Inaugural Recipient of theKelly Frels Lifetime Achievement Award. The award marks the first time that the School Law Section has given a lifetime achievement award, and all lifetime achievement awards given by the section going forward will carry Frels’ name. Frels and four others created the School Law Section in 1971, and the Section now has over 600 members. (posted 4/17/13)
- ELA Immediate Past President, Susan G. Clark was selected among the Top 22 Education Professors in Ohio by Online Schools in Ohio.
- ELA Member Robert J. Safransky: published review of "Student First Amendment Speech and Expression Rights: Armbands to Bong Hits" by R. Chace Ramey in The Law and Politics Book Review, vol. 22,no. 12 (December, 2012), pp. 549-554. (posted 1/31/13)
- ELA Member John Boon published the book Education Futures: Commercial Reality, Law, Innovation and Opportunity. (posted 10/23/12)
- President-Elect Bill Thro is the featured panelist for the webinar: Racial Preferences in University Admissions:Fisher v. Texas. (posted 8/30/12)
- ELA Members Kent Talbert and Bob Eitel published an article, entitled Common Core Standards, Race to the Top and No Child Left Behind Conditional Waivers. (posted 7/2/12)
- ELA Member Dixie Snow Huefner has published an updated 3rd edition (2012) special education law text, entitled Navigating Special Education Law and Policy. (posted 6/8/12)